You welcome challenge. You want to be the best at whatever you do…
COMET (Career Opportunity and Management Employment Training) is Applied's award-winning sales and leadership program for qualified recent college graduates who desire a challenging role in the sales and distribution of industrial components. Through COMET, you receive:
- A 10-month product training, team building, goal setting and career development program, which takes place at both our corporate headquarters and in our field locations.
- Corporate and field mentors who can offer valuable insight into the company's work style and be key resources for questions and guidance.
- Classroom, lab and field studies as well as a marketing research project to give you a complete understanding of Applied's products and services.
- A complete curriculum of personal training courses covering selling techniques, leadership, presentation skills, business etiquette and ethics.
A prosperous career at Applied Industrial Technologies starts with a solid knowledge base. Your college background, mechanical skills, work experiences and your driving personal motivators will serve as your initial foothold as you learn and grow in the COMET program. Qualities our COMET participants demonstrate are:
- Bachelors degree in industrial distribution, engineering, business or related field
- Recent college graduate or soon-to-be college graduate
- Related internship or co-op experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Solutions-oriented problem solver
- Team player
- Resourceful, ambitious and enjoy challenges
- Demonstrate a commitment to our Core Values
Your hard work in COMET pays off through a competitive salary and a well-rounded benefits package.
Apply for COMET
Throughout the year, our Applied Industrial Technologies representatives visit colleges, universities and career fairs to discuss the COMET program with interested students. Contact your university's career placement center to find out when Applied is coming to your campus.
If Applied does not have a scheduled visit to a location near you and you are interested in the COMET program, e-mail a resumé and a cover letter describing why you should be considered for the COMET program to email@example.com. A member of the COMET Recruiting Team will then contact you.