Course Number MP-10022
A technician-level course developed for both operating and maintenance personnel, this course covers the basic mechanical refrigeration cycle, types of refrigerants, major refrigeration system components, and the fundamentals of system operation, maintenance and troubleshooting. We cover principles of small simple air conditioning systems as well as large commercial systems. Hands-on training is accomplished with small air conditioning systems and computer simulations.
Benefits of this training include the ability to:
• Discuss the basic refrigeration cycle
• Describe application of this cycle to modern refrigeration units
• List types of refrigerants used in plants
• Describe troubleshooting techniques and where to go for help if needed
• Describe basic control systems and functions of control system components
• Discuss lubrication of system components including properties and specifications of refrigerant oils
• Discuss charging and evacuation of refrigerants
• Discuss EPA requirements concerning refrigerants and their usage and storage
• Describe leak detection and repair
Duration: 8 hours
Cost: Call for an estimate
For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for fax/mail registration.
In addition to this class, a certification program is available that consists of an additional two days of training.