Locate Service Centers | Site Map
Login | Browse and Buy | Promotions | Catalog | Line Card PDF | Supplier Diversity | Premium Brands
  Applied Industrial Technologies The website for Applied Industrial Technologies
   
   Products > ... Energy Efficiency > Electric Motor Management

 Improve Electric Motor Management and Save


A motor’s initial purchase price represents only 2% of its total lifetime cost. That motor’s power usage represents almost all of the remaining 98%! When a motor is too large for the job at hand, it wastes energy and costs you money.

An energy efficiency plan concentrating on improved electric motor systems management can result in approximately a 13% energy savings for overall plant motor systems. Simply replacing standard (pre-EPAct) electric motors with NEMA Premium® efficient models can save 3 - 9% on a motor’s energy consumption.

Moreover, proper care of a motor will improve reliability as well as prolong its life. A basic motor maintenance program requires periodic inspection and, when encountered, the correction of unsatisfactory conditions. Items to check during inspection are: lubrication, vibration, ventilation and presence of dirt or other contaminants; alignment of motor and load; possible changing load conditions; belts, sheaves and couplings; and tightness of
hold-down bolts.
 




Locations | Terms of Access | Terms of Sale | Privacy Policy | Supplier Terms | Site Map | Home | Return Policy
Copyright © 1999-2014 Applied Industrial Technologies. All Rights Reserved.
Get Acrobat® Reader®